Sunday, September 30, 2007

Homemade Egg Noodles

Ryan could eat his weight in these! I double the recipe so everyone can have some. I can't believe I had this recipe for over 12 years before I tried them! So simple and delicious!

Homemade Egg Noodles
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 egg yolks
1 egg
2 tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup water
Measure flour into bowl. Make a well in center and add egg yolks, whole egg, and salt. Mix. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Form dough into a ball. Turn out onto a well floured board. Knead until smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each part into a paper thin rectangle. Cut into thin strips. (Notice I'm using my handy dandy pizza cutter to do this, but you could use this!) Shake out strips and let dry. Cook in 3 quarts chicken broth (I suggest either using low sodium broth, or leave out the 2 tsp salt above, or both like I do) for 12 - 15 minutes or until tender.How do I dry my noodles you ask? Well, you could buy one of these little gadgets:
OR you could do what I do (we are trying our best to be as frugal as possible around here):


2 comments:

Sheree said...

Love the hanger idea. One of my famous sayings here is, "Gotta be creative!" Necessity is the mother of invention, right? Hey Ryan, save a bite for me! Yeah, right!! Wait till he's about 16, you'll be quadrupling.

Homeschooling Momma said...

Don't want to rush that!