Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Since Jim is off work today, I thought this would be the perfect time to try Barb's 'summer breakfast' ~ WOW was it delicious! I make sticky buns that are somewhat similar but these were great! For some reason, I couldn't get the biscuits in the middle cooked (very dough-y), so we just scraped the fruit off that part and ate around the edges. Problem solved :o) And the orange, banana, strawberry coolers are to die for!


We are going over to my parents for a lunch cook-out (Jodi made Butterfinger Pie), then we are having friends over for dinner! Tonight's dinner is: my version of Applebee's Bourbon Street Steak (with mushrooms and onions), Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Macaroni Salad, Bacon wrapped Mushrooms, and for dessert we're serving Magi's Better Than Almost Anything Cake

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We're having the same dessert. ;o) Be sure to let me know what how you like it. Happy 4th of July!!

Homeschooling Momma said...

That cake is excellent!! Our guests couldn't believe it was the first time I've made it. Will be making this again!! 2 thumbs up!
Tonya

My name is Michelle. said...

Sounds like a lovely fun day! And all that food! Yum.

Anonymous said...

It all looks very good! :o)

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog. I'm visiting from CWO. You have a very nice blog, lots of things that caught my eye. It looks like you had a wonderful and delicious 4th. Blessings! ~Sharon~

Barb said...

I'm so glad you made the summer breakfast, Tonya! And you know what? I had exactly the same problem with the middle. It didn't cook all the way through and I seriously have no idea why unless I just spooned too much butter over the top or something. Oh well. It was still delicious and you can't possibly mess the coolers up, right? LOL

Thank you so mucy for your words of encouragement on my post about Rob losing his job. I've decided I can only stress so much, so I've turned this one over to the Lord. He knows the plan - I don't.

But the news that a new baby is on the way softened the blow and we are over the moon. We know that even in times of struggle, we're a very blessed family.

xoxo

Homeschooling Momma said...

Welcome Sharon! :o) Thanks for stopping by. I'm assuming with your blog name that we are neighbors! (I'm in Ohio) Have a wonderful day!
Tonya