Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Update on Christmas Cards

I know, I know, I should've checked this out BEFORE I posted about it. I went to Walter Reed Medical Center and they have this posted:
Walter Reed cannot accept these packages (packages, letters, and holiday cards addressed to 'Any Wounded Soldier' ) in support of the decision by then Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Transportation Policy in 2001. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well being of patients and staff at medical centers throughout the Department of Defense.
It breaks my heart that I can't do something like this. I do understand their safety concerns. We had decided that instead of mailing cards to our usual friends and family, we were going to send them all to soldiers. I think I'll check with my brother who is in the Army - I bet he can get me a name or two. Just wanted to let everyone know.


No comments: