Saturday, December 1, 2007

Advent Calendar

Hubby was telling us about growing up with an advent calendar, and I decided that should become a new tradition in our home too. So I set out to find them. Apparently I am too picky about what I want. Not a surprise here, but I REFUSE to pay the prices for some of them, so what is a Momma to do? I made one! I scoured the internet looking for ideas (I'm sorry, but I didn't keep track of all the sites) and mixed and matched and came up with this:
The kids poke through the numbered foils and inside there are Candy Cane Kisses (Those are Yummy!), and a Bible verse or little idea of something fun to make or do. And all I had to buy was the posterboard! The kids like it so much we also made one for Megan and Ryan's Sunday School Teachers! This is going to be a Frugal Friday post - you can check out more here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a neat idea!

This is the first year we don't have an Advent calendar up...I couldn't find one that I liked and it never dawned on me to make my own.

My name is Michelle. said...

LOL I almost posted about the same thing! We've done many different things over the years. But a couple of years ago I found one of those wooden ones with doors? And bought it. So now we use that...oh and a little scrolly calendar thingy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.